Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Major Update

Now that I have a little bit of time, I can update everyone on where we are in our journey.

I started seeing my new doctor in August.  My first impression of him was great!  I have tried for so many years to find a doctor that with put me on Glucophage because I have read and heard so many good things about that medicine and PCOS.  Well, the first thing that my new doctor said to me was that he wanted to put me on it!!!!  I couldn't beleive my ears! 

So, since I hadn't had a period since May, he stated me on Provera to "jump-start" my cycle.  He also had me start taking 1 Glucophage a day.  Once I started, he put me on Clomid and had me start taking 2 Glucophages a day.  So I had a period in September (with the help of medicine) and I had a period is October (all by myself?).  Then November came along, and we waited and waited and waited....and when I was 5 days late, our hopes started to rise...but once again, he got a big fat negative :(  So I called the doctor and scheduled an appointment with him. 

I went to see him again on December 8, 2011 and he did a pregnacy test to confirm that I was not pregnant.  We talked about my last few months of charting my temperature, and he said my looking at it, it appears that I did not ovulate with the Clomid :(  Once he confirmed that, he started me on the Provera again, and doubled my dose of Clomid (to see if I will ovulate with the increased dosage).  So, I took the Provera (2 pills a day for 5 days), and then I started on December 18, 2011!  I started tracking my temperature on December 19, 2011.  On cycle days 3-7, I took the double does of Clomid and have continued to chart my temperature.  I didn't chat my temperature yesterday because I have been fighting a bad cold, as was up and down all night long and just didn't even think about it.  But, this morning when I took my temperature....it increased from 97.18 to 97.45....so I am hoping that is a good thing!!!  I am hoping that the double does of the Clomid is working and that I am on my way to ovulating!!

Until next time....


Shawna

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely exciting! I can't wait to hear if that temp continues to rise. :) I used to know of a good website for charting, I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete