Thursday, May 5, 2011

Long time update

Well, it has been a week since I last posted anything.  Sorry about that.  Well, we went back to the doctor on Saturday to have them re-check the size of my follicles.  The follicle that was a 12 on Wednesday was now a 16.51 and the follicle that was a 13 on Wednesday was now a 20.34!!!  So, we were told to do the HCG trigger shot at 8:30 that night and we would have the insemination done at 8:30 Monday morning. 

So, on Monday morning, we had to be at the doctor's office at 7:30 so that Dustin could give his "contribution".  Then we sat in the waiting room for about an hour, but it sure seemed like a lot longer than that.  They called us back around 8:35 to do the insemination.  The nurse told us that Dustin had a lot of little swimmers (we have never been told that before)!!!!!!  So, we did the insemination and she told me that my cervix was high and that I had a lot of (sorry, I know TMI) watery mucous which means that I was definately ovulating (we have never been told that either)!!!!!!!  After the insemination, the nurse said that from here on out, I will be treated as if I am pregnant!  I can take a pregnancy test on Monday, May 16, 2011!!!!!!  So after the insemination, Dustin went to work and I went with my cousin to Jaelyn's first doctors appointment.  She weighs 7 lbs 5 oz now!!! 

I had Tuesday off, so I just relaxed at home.  I had a pretty emotional day on Tuesday.  It must be the hormones and the fact that I was home all day by myself and had a lot of time to just sit and think about everything.  I started getting a cold on Tuesday, and by Wednesday I think it had progressed to a sinus infection.  I really don't want to take any medication, even if the doctor says that it is ok, but I have to do something to feel better.  I can't breath, I can't sleep, my throat hurts, my lower back hurts and my tummy is cramping.  I know that I am going to have to get use to not feeling 100%, but I didn't think it would all hit me at once.  So I am going to see how I feel later on in the day and if I don't feel any better, then I am going to call the doctor to see what I can take, if anything.

Well I will keep everyone updated on how I am filling and if my body is trying to tell me something.  Dustin and I still have a really good feeling about this, and we are just hoping  to get a positive pregnancy test on the 16th and hope to have a healthy baby!!

Until next time.....

Shawna

1 comment:

  1. That is SO exciting, Shawna. :) Everything sounds great! I do hope you start feeling better soon. I know you don't want to take anything, (but if you do) Mucinex will help break up the congestion in your head. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete